Islamic Human Rights Commission
02 February 2010
Part-time Casework Support Officer, Vacancy at the Islamic Human Rights Commission
IHRC is looking for a part time casework support officer.
- 2-3 days a week
- 12 months starting March 2010
- £13,000 pro rata
Deadline for submitting applications is 12pm, 21 Feb
IHRC is looking for a part-time casework support officer to provide case-work and administrative support. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking experience within a grass roots civil society organisation that deals with domestic advocacy, research and international campaigning.
The applicants must provide:
- One professional or academic reference
- One personal reference
- Covering letter (briefing outlining why you want to work for IHRC)
IHRC hours are 10 am – 6 pm, and our offices are based in Wembley, London. Some work during unsociable hours may be required.
Applicants should be computer literate, and some experience of case-work is desirable. The applicants will be required to obtain one professional or an academic reference and one personal reference. A form will be supplied to the applicant on receipt of their application (i.e. CV) which they can then forward on to their chosen referees for completion. A covering letter briefly outlining why they want to work for IHRC must be attached to every application which must then be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Requirement for the applicants:
experience of case-work is desirable
Applications must be received by 12pm, 21 February, and short-listed candidates should be available for interviews between 22 and 28 February.
- Dealing with varied cases of discrimination due to Islamophobia in different areas including: anti-terror laws, prison discrimination, employment rights, mental health, immigration, police misconduct and racially and religiously motivated hate crimes
- Interviewing clients, taking clients’ instructions and advising clients on legal issues
- Corresponding with clients and regularly updating them on the progress of their case
- Researching and analysing information including client and witness statements, medical reports, legal documents, case histories, police and local authority reports
- Maintaining accurate, complete and confidential case files and attendance notes
- Undertake basic case-work administration
- Drafting police complaints
- Liaising with barristers and solicitors on specific cases
- Where necessary referring clients to other agencies such as Citizen Advice Bureaus, Domestic Violence organisations, police bodies and solicitors firms
NB: This job description may be altered from time to time in consultation with the post holder to meet requirements of IHRC’s strategic plan
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting http://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to email@example.com
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8904 4222
Fax (+44) 20 8904 5183