IHRC seeks a dedicated individual to fill in its most recent vacancy for the events officer post.
Title: Events Officer
Salary: £14000 pro rata
Hours: 2-3 days per week (may include some evenings and weekends)
Term: 1 year contract, subject to 3 months probation.
Reports to: Head of Campaigns and Fundraising Manager
Deadline for application: 23rd August
Interview Date: 7thSeptember
1. Purpose of the post
We have an exciting opportunity for an innovative and resourceful officer to join our events team.Your role will be to organise new and existing events and activities. You will play a vital role in maintaining the enthusiasm of our supporters and volunteers, you will contribute to the development of our annual fundraiser and Genocide Memorial Day (GMD).
IHRC is an independent, not-for-profit, campaign, research and advocacy organization based in London, UK. We foster links and work in partnership with different organizations from Muslim and non-Muslim backgrounds, to campaign for justice for all peoples regardless of their racial, confessional or political background. IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council (ECOSOC) of the United Nations. For more information see: www.ihrc.org.uk
3. Duties and Responsibilities
– Be the first point of contact for events enquiries.
– Promote, co-ordinate and develop all events. Ensure activities represent good value for money.
– Support the planning and preparation of events with colleagues and managers.
– Build and maintain effective working relationships with supporters.
– Monitor and evaluate progress, producing regular written reports, and responding effectively if targets are not being met.
– To manage the promotion of events.
– To identify and research new promotional opportunities and maintain and develop existing relationships.
– Use of social media to engage with supporters.
– To work and negotiate with external partners and organisations.
– To ensure that events are well marketed and all avenues for promotion have been explored.
– To market events online through the use of social media.
– Work at all times in accordance with the policies and procedures.
– Participate in IHRC staff meetings and conferences.
– To travel on a regular basis, as required to fulfill the role.
– Be prepared to undertake some anti-social working hours and overnight stays in order to attend events
– To attend any internal meetings as requested
– To attend relevant training and personal development opportunities in order to fulfill the requirements of the post.
– To maintain strict confidentiality in respect all matters, information and correspondence.
– To adhere to all IHRC policies and procedures and assist the organisation in developing, implementing and monitoring them, including Equal Opportunities and Health & Safety policies
NB: This job description may be altered from time to time in consultation with the post holder to meet requirements of IHRC’s strategic plan
– Experience of events organisation;
– Experience of writing and publishing e.g. newsletters, blogs etc;
– Passion for human rights and Islam;
– Excellent IT skills;
– Degree level education;
– Knowledge of web design packages, as well as design programmes including Photoshop, Adobe and Publisher;
– Experience of the charity sector;
– Experience in fundraising, particularly from events/community sources;
– Valid driver’s license and access to own transport;
– Experience of websites and social media.
Applicants must send in their CV and cover letter to IHRC, PO Box 598, Wembley, HA9 7XH, or email it to email@example.com. Applicants need to also ensure that they have the names of two referees that IHRC can send a reference request to.