25 July 2002
Rally in Luton for Human Rights and Justice in Palestine
Various communities in Luton will come together at a rally organised by the Islamic Human Rights Commission this Sunday to oppose the atrocities carried out in the name of Israeli security. The demonstration holds special significance in light of the recent tragedy when the Israeli Army commissioned an F-16 (parts of which were made in Britain) to bomb a densely populated area in Gaza. Sixteen innocent people were killed when three apartment blocks were bombed, including 9 children; over 150 other civilians were also seriously injured.
The British governments response has verged on complete apathy and many humanitarian organisations have voiced their disappointment at the response.
Foreign Secretary Jack Straw stated that ‘While Israel is entitled to take steps to protect itself from terrorist attack, such steps should be neither disproportionate nor excessive.’ A spokesperson for IHRC stated that ‘Mr Jack Straw should have emphasised the immediate need to end the illegal occupation of Palestine and the end to war crimes by Israel in order for it to consolidate and continue the illegal occupation. What we need is not a two state solution but the end to the last apartheid regime in the world.’ Neturei Karte (from the orthodox Jewish community) has also issued a statement which is attached to this press release.
Speakers at the rally will include, Rabbi Grohman from Neturei Karte, George Galloway MP (replaced by Yvonne Ridley), Dr. Anthony McRoy and Massoud Shadjareh chairman of the Islamic Human Rights Commission. The rally will also be supported by wide sectors of the community including members of the local mosques, churches and other organisations.
The details of the rally are as follows:
Date: Sunday 28 July 2002
Time: 4.00 pm
Venue: The Moor Park, New Bedford Road, Luton
Directions: From M1 Junction 11 turn towards Luton and stay on Dunstable Road until you see a Sainsbury’s on the left hand side. After Sainsbury’s, turn left at the roundabout onto Telford Way. At the next mini-roundabout turn left onto New Bedford Road. It is immediately on the left.
For more information please contact:
(07960 076 099) or (07985 522 196)
Statement from NETUREI KARTA – LONDON U.K.
28 Jul. 02
Representatives of Neturei Karta take part in protests, which draw attention to Arab and Muslim suffering, whenever they can. The Neturei Karta would like to express its solidarity with its Muslim brothers and explain the following points:
1) Judaism is completely opposed to the ideology of Zionism. Zionists have usurped the name “Israel” and have made themselves to appear as the representatives and spokespeople of all Jews.
2) Zionism in general and its conduct against the Arabs, Muslims and wider world is against the Torah, Jewish beliefs and the hopes of the Jewish people. Zionism has turned many Jewish believers into atheists and warmongers.
3) The Jewish people have no right to rule in Palestine. The land does not belong to them today. In fact, it is the other way round. The Jews were exiled from the land because of their sins.
4) The Jewish people are in a Divine-decreed exile. Exile means that Jews must be loyal subjects of the countries in which they live and not rule over other people.
5) We want to tell the world, especially our Muslim neighbours, that there is no hatred or animosity between Jew and Muslim. We wish to live together as friends and neighbours.
6) Together we must work so as not to allow the Zionists to fuel the fires of hatred between us. That is what they want and we must not let them succeed.
7) The Zionist oppression, abuse and murder of Arabs is a tragedy for the Jewish people as well.
8) According to the Torah and Jewish faith, the Present Palestinian Arab claim to be the ruling authority in Palestine is right and just. The Zionist claim must inevitably be based on illegal cause of loss of life and deprivation of property.
9) The Arabs as well as the Jews are descendants of Shem therefore to hate Arabs is also anti-semitic. Opposition to Zionism and its crimes does not mean a hatred for Jews. On the contrary Zionism and its deeds are the biggest threat to Judaism.
We pray for an end to the suffering of our Palestinian brethren and all innocent people world-wide. We are waiting for the annulment of Zionism and the dismantling of the Zionist regime, and would welcome the opportunity to dwell in peace in the holy land under Palestinian ruler-ship.
Jews are not Zionists – Zionists are not Jews
NETUREI KARTA – LONDON U.K.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
pgp key id: 0x84B1581A
pgp key fingerprint: BE24 5433 2448 34BD 6F7A 4252 50D6 30DA 84B1 581A