2008 sees the 60th anniversary of the Universal Declaration of Human Rights and the creation of Israel. This conference discusses the conflicting paths of these projects.
Date: Sunday 4 May 2008
Venue: Islamic Centre of England, 140 Maida Vale, London, W9 1QB
Time: 11 a.m. – 6 pm
Themes to be discussed include: Self-determination, rights to life, land, property and water, freedom of movement.
- Michael Warschawski (Alternative Information Center)
- Yehudit Keshet (Checkpoint Watch)
- Daud Abdullah (Palestinian Return Centre)
- Jennifer Loewenstein (University of Wisconsin)
- Michael Bailey (Oxfam)
- Meir Margalit (Israeli committee against House Demolitions)
Nearest Tube: Kilburn Park Station on the Bakerloo Line
National Rail: Kilburn High Rd Station
Bus Routes: 98, 16 and 32
On street parking available
All welcome. Entrance is free. Parent and child room, with relay, available. Lunch and refreshments provided.
Organised by the Islamic Human Rights Commission and NEDA
For more information, please contact 020 8904 4222
JOIN THE STRUGGLE FOR JUSTICE. JOIN IHRC.