Islamic Human Rights Commission
22nd February 2003
UK Stop the War Events: London, Birmingham, Swansea, Dewsbury for forthcoming week.
1) Please try and support these events. For more details on other events, including events organised by or involving IHRC please visit:
This week there are events on comparative religion, atrocities in Gujarat, political detentions in Sudan etc.
2) For copies of the model protest letter to Tony Blair please visit:
3) UK Stop the War Events for week ending 28th February 2003
A CALL FOR PEACE IN IRAQ AND HARMONY IN THE COMMUNITY, DEWSBURY
22 February 2003
NORTH KIRKLEES INTER-FAITH COUNCIL
Muslims and Christians Working Together
A CALL FOR PEACE IN IRAQ AND HARMONY IN THE COMMUNITY
VENUE: DEWSBURY TOWN HALL
DATE: SATURDAY 22 FEBRUARY
TIME: 7.30pm – 9.30pm
Speakers invited: Mike Wood MP, Ann Taylor MP, Alice Mahon MP, Local Councillors, Muslim and Christian Community Leaders
WHAT IS IT ABOUT?
• A joint Christian & Muslim Initiative
• Calling for a peaceful solution to the crisis in Iraq & the Middle East
• And for harmony and cohesion in the local community
WHAT WILL HAPPEN?
• Public signing of the Declaration for Peace
• You have your say about your views and concerns
• We look at how we can all work together to make it happen
EVERYONE WELCOME: YOUR VOICE MATTERS!
UK: Demonstration outside the Egyptian Embassy, London
24 February 2003
Protest against the disappearance of anti-war campaigner Kemal Khalil.
On Wednesday 19 February Kemal Khalil disappeared near his home in Cairo. Khalil is one of the leaders of Egypt’s anti-war movement and a founder of the International Campaign Against Aggression Against Iraq.
Protest his detention at the demonstration at the Egyptian Embassy, 26 South Street, London W1, on Monday 24 February at 6pm – 7 p.m.
• More information from Stop the War Coalition: 020 7053 2155/6 *
www.stopwar.org.uk * email@example.com
Stop the War Vigil – Birmingham, UK
27 February 2003
Overnight Vigil open to all regardless of faith background at Clifton Road Mosque, 27th February 2003, 10 p.m. – 10 a.m. (28th February).
Peace for Iraq.
The al-Mahdi Institute invites you to spend a night at KSIMC (B’ham), 17 Clifton Road, Birmingham praying for peace.
The programme will start at 10.00pm, Thursday 27 of February and conclude at 10.00am on the following morning. Events and Speakers will occur periodically through the night. Refreshments will be available at all times and an Iraqi style breakfast will be served.
For more details of how to be involved contact Shk. Mubeen on 07968 381714.
This will take place at Clifton Road mosque (KSIMC), 17 Clifton Road (off Moseley Road), Balsall Heath, Birmingham, B12 8SX.
Stop the War Protest, Swansea, Wales
28 February 2003
Protest outside Welsh Labour Party Conference, Guildhall, Swansea, 28th February 2003 from 12 noon onwards.
For further information please call the office on (+44) 20 8902, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
To subscribe to the IHRC mailing list email: email@example.com
To unsubscribe from the IHRC mailing list email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8902 0888
Fax (+44) 20 8902 0889