Pay rate on application
We have a great opportunity for sessional work primarily on Saturdays at the IHRC Bookshop. The right candidates will need to work on selected Saturdays of the month and also be available to work during the week, to cover holidays.
You will need to be familiar with the retail environment and be able to communicate well with others with particular attention to customer service.
The job requires you to be a fast learner and pick up on instruction. You will be working on your own and sometimes left to use your own initiative.
Job Specification and Required Skill set:
- Experience working in retail, preferably a bookshop but not necessary.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills
- Have good Microsoft Office knowledge
- Able to follow instructions and have good time keeping
- Able to work on own initiative
- Able to work with volunteers
- Be able to multitask
Additionally you will be expected to ensure that:
- The Bookshop and Gallery premises are clean and tidy everyday
- That calls for the IHRC are handled promptly and passed through or messages taken
- That general administrative task are performed for the organisation in a prompt and diligent manner
Additionally the following skills are highly desirable
- Have event management experience
- Have marketing experience for promotion of bookshop/merchandise/events
- Be competent with Facebook and Twitter
Applicants must be British citizens or have rights to work in the UK.
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 9 May 2013.
You must be available for the following interview date: 18 May 2013 (Saturday).