3. Job specifications
4. Skills and Competence
Applicants must send in their CV to IHRC, PO Box 598, Wembley, HA9 7XH, or email it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This is an opening for a six-month fixed-term contract position, with a possibility of renewal. It is a part-time position which is for 25 hours per week. The salary will be £13,000 per annum pro rata. The post holder will report to an assigned person from the management.
The successful candidate will be expected to perform shop floor duties, and to select and process stocks in order to achieve daily processing targets. He/she will be dealing with customers, completing sales, sorting through donations, supporting volunteers and handling cash on the till.
He/she will be expected to maximise sales at the shop and to perform additional responsibilities as and when required in the absence of the Shop Manager, and to be an ambassador for Islamic Human Rights Commission, supporting and endorsing the aims of the organisation.
IHRC is an independent, not-for-profit, campaign, research and advocacy organization based in London, UK. We foster links and work in partnership with different organizations from Muslim and non-Muslim backgrounds, to campaign for justice for all peoples regardless of their racial, confessional or political background. IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations. For more information see: https://www.ihrc.org.uk
3. Job specifications
- Provide a safe environment that protects all people (staff and public) from harm;
- Maximise the income from sales and donations;
- Ensure all products sold in the shop are compliant with Trading Standards;
- Implement proper and consistent accounting policies and banking procedures;
- Take all reasonable steps to secure IHRC’s property from theft or damage, and report any maintenance or health and safety issues in your shop to the property department;
- Be aware that you represent IHRC and ensure your actions reinforce IHRC values and beliefs;
- Keep up to date with IHRC’s internal communications.
- Applicants must send in their CV to IHRC, PO Box 598, Wembley, HA9 7XH, or email it to email@example.com.
- The applicants will be required to obtain one professional or an academic reference and one personal reference.
- A form will be supplied to the applicant on receipt of their application (i.e. CV) which they can then forward on to their chosen referees for completion.
- A covering letter briefly outlining why they want to work for IHRC must be attached to every application which must then be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- It is the applicant’s responsibility to ensure that all references are returned to IHRC by the deadline of October 15 2010.
- All applicants need to be available for interview in the week beginning 25 October 2010.
- The successful applicant is expected to start with this role early November 2010.
- The job will be offered subject to an eight week trial period.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting https://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to email@example.com
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8904 4222
Fax (+44) 20 8904 5183