2-3 days a week
12 months starting October/November 2011
£14,000 pro rata
IHRC is looking for a part-time casework support officer to provide case-work and administrative support. This is an excellent opportunity for anyone seeking experience within a grass roots civil society organisation that deals with domestic advocacy, research and international campaigning.
IHRC hours are 10 am – 6 pm, and our offices are based in Wembley, London. Some work during unsociable hours may be required.
Applicants should be computer literate, and some experience of case-work is desirable. Applicants should provide at least two personal references and a CV, with a covering letter briefly outlining why they want to work for IHRC to email@example.com.
Applications must be received by 12pm, 30 September, and short-listed candidates should be available for interviews between 3 and 7 October.
- Dealing with varied cases of discrimination due to Islamophobia in different areas including: anti-terror laws, prison discrimination, employment rights, mental health, immigration, police misconduct and racially and religiously motivated hate crimes
- Interviewing clients, taking clients’ instructions and advising clients on legal issues
- Corresponding with clients and regularly updating them on the progress of their case
- Researching and analysing information including client and witness statements, medical reports, legal documents, case histories, police and local authority reports
- Maintaining accurate, complete and confidential case files and attendance notes
- Undertake basic case-work administration
- Drafting police complaints
- Liaising with barristers and solicitors on specific cases
- Where necessary referring clients to other agencies such as Citizen Advice Bureaus, Domestic Violence organisations, police bodies and solicitors firms
NB: This job description may be altered from time to time in consultation with the post holder to meet requirements of IHRC’s strategic plan
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting https://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to email@example.com
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8904 4222
Fax (+44) 20 8904 5183