13 October 2004
A public debate, organised by the Black Londoners Forum, on whether the new stop and search powers introduced by the Terrorism Act 2000 are being used appropriately.
* Wednesday 13 October 2004, 6.30pm-8.30pm
* London Muslim Centre, 89-92 Whitechapel Road, London E1 1JE
Panel members participating in this debate are:
* A representative of the Metropolitan Police
* A representative of the Metropolitan Police Authority
* Arun Kundnani, Institute of Race Relations
* Arzu Merali, Islamic Human Rights Commission
The barrister, Charlotte Kilroy, of Matrix Chambers, will chair the event. Please come along and contribute.
To register for this event, please contact David Dalgleish, BME Cracking Crime Project. Tel: 020 8709 9777. Email: firstname.lastname@example.org:email@example.com)