The International Action Committee Stop the Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya in Myanmar is launching a day of solidarity for the Rohingya in Myanmar on the July, 24 2012 .
The first ever international solidarity day for one of the most oppressed ethnic groups in the world aims to alert the international community to stand in support for the Rohingya struggle for survival and to reclaim their rights as original descendents of the once sovereign nation of Arakan which is now part of Myanmar after British declared independence in 1948.
This day is a united voice of the international community to call for Myanmar to stop the ongoing massacre and continuous oppression by the military junta and government of Myanmar against the Rohingya.
This is a wake-up call to the world not to ignore the plight of ethnic Rohingya Muslims who are about to be exterminated from their own land in Arakan .
The committee will be handing over a special note to all the UN regional offices in the world on the same day with representatives from civil society, religious and non religious groups .
The following programs will take place simultaneously in the cities all over the world :
1. Gathering in front of the UN offices in different countries with banners and placards
– Stop the genocide of Rohingya
– Punish the Perpetrators of Massacre of Rohingyas in Myanmar
– Rohingyas are Not illegal Immigrants
– Stop Racism and Hate Campaign Against Rohingya Muslims
– Stop the Bloodshed in Arakan
– No to Expelling of Rohingya from Myanmar
– Restore the Nationality of Rohingya as Myanmar Citizens
– UN must intervene to stop Myanmar Killings
– Bangladesh must open Border – Save the Rohingya Refugees
2. Reading out a public declaration in solidarity with the Rohingya community
3. Declaring in one Voice one Slogan “Stop the Ethnic Cleansing in Myanmar”
4. Handing over of Special Note to UN representative endorsed by national and international NGOs
5. Press Conference.
Mohd Azmi Abdul Hamid
Cordinator International Action Committee Stop the Ethnic Cleansing of Rohingya
Main Communication Office :
C/o Malaysian Consultative Council of Islamic Societies (MAPIM)
Suite 1 , Level 5 , Perak Techno Trade Center , Meru Raya , Jelapang , Ipoh , Perak , Malaysia
Cordinating Liaison office :
Lot S 14 ,Level 2 , SP Plaza , 08000 Sungai Petani , Kedah , Malaysia
Tel +60194744856 , email@example.com
Forwarded by IHRC solely for informational purposes, please contact IACSECR for more information
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting https://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to email@example.com
IHRC is not the author of the above alert, which has been provided solely on an informational basis. IHRC does not necessarily support the views of the author.
IHRC is not responsible for the content of external websites, nor endorses them by providing their link.
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598