IHRC are pleased to host Shaykh Omar Subedar for a UK book tour in early 2023, for his book A Collection of Imām Abū Ḥanīfah’s Hadiths and Fatwas – purchase here from the IHRC Bookshop.
WHEN: 12 – 17 January 2023
- Friday, 13 January: Cann Hall Masjid, 7.30pm GMT
- Saturday, 14 January: Hafs Academy, 7pm GMT
- Sunday, 15 January: Q Iman, London, 6pm GMT
- Tuesday, 17 January: Author Evening, IHRC Bookshop, 6.30pm GMT – join us at the IHRC Bookshop (202 Preston Road, Wembley, HA9 8PA) or watch online on YouTube
About the book:
Born in the year 80 AH, Abū Ḥanīfah Nuʿmān ibn Thābit is considered one of the greatest contributors to the development of Islamic Law in Islam’s 1400-year history. While his name and work have been revered by countless people throughout generations, there are those who have been indifferent to his approach citing that he had very little knowledge of the Prophetic traditions (sunnah) and that he relied mainly on analogy to develop his fiqh. As ridiculous as these claims may be, there are a number of people who firmly believe in them and show no hesitance in displaying their aversion towards the Great Imam’s work and the school of Islamic Law (madhhab) that he inspired.
A Collection of Imām Abū Ḥanīfah’s Hadiths and Fatwas has thus been prepared to clarify the many misconceptions that are out there about the Great Imam. It takes the reader on a journey to observe the unfiltered approach of Abū Ḥanīfah in his fiqh and his true attachment with ḥadīth literature. This book contains over 500 narrations, which the imam has reported himself. Many of these narrations have been supplemented with relevant rulings that have been drawn from the books of Muḥammad ibn al-Ḥasan al-Shaybānī (D. 189 AH) such as Aṣl, Jāmiʿ al-Ṣaghīr, Kitāb al-Āthār and Kitāb al-Ḥujjat ʿalā Ahl al-Madīnah. Whether one follows the Ḥanafī madhhab, another madhhab or no madhhab at all, this book will provide immense value in the understanding of classical Islamic law.
About the author:
- The First Steps in Practising Islam
- Plan your Day the Prophet’s Way
- How to Live the Life of the Prophet (peace be upon him)
- Rethink your World
- Commentary on Sahih al-Bukhari Vol. 1-2
- A Collection of Imām Abū Hanīfah’s Hadiths and Fatwas
- Founder and CEO of Bukhari Academy
- Co-Founder and Dean of Islamic Studies at the Mathabah Institute
- COO of the Halal Monitoring Authority
- Khatīb at Bramalea Islamic Cultural Centre
If you are interested in hosting an event with Shaykh Omar, please email firstname.lastname@example.org. For any other enquiries, please email email@example.com.