WHEN: Sunday, 8 May 2022, 14:00 – 16:00 BST
WHERE: P21 Gallery, 21 Chalton Street, London, NW1 1JD
About this event
You are invited to register for the public launch of the Convivencia Alliance – a new initiative to help bring a just peace in the Middle East will launch next month, invoking the periods of mutual co-existence enjoyed by the three monotheistic faiths in medieval Spain and the Ottoman Empire.
“The ever-increasing weaponisation of alleged anti-Semitism in support of apartheid aims to divide communities along racial and religious lines. This trope underpins the continuation of a system of racial domination. We must unite to challenge such tropes by showing how a shared history of peaceful coexistence can inspire a new order based on justice and human rights”, said the convenors of Convivencia.
The initiative is due to be launched on 8 May at the P21 Gallery, 21-27 Chalton street, London NW1 1JD, at 14:00 GMT.For more information or comment please contact:
- Haim Bresheeth +44 7971 431242
- Mr. Massoud Shadjareh +44 7958 522196, or
- Reverend Stephen Sizer +44 7970 789549
The speakers include:
- Mr. Awad Abd Al-Fattah, (One Democratic State, Palestine)
- Prof. Haim Bresheeth (Jewish Network for Palestine)
- Prof. Jeff Halper (ICAHD Israel)
- Mr Rifat Odeh Kassis, (Kairos Palestine, Jerusalem)
- Mr. Massoud Shadjareh (Islamic Human Rights Commission)
- Reverend Dr. Stephen Sizer
- Ms. Naomi Wimborne Idrissi
- Prof. Ramón Grosfoguel (University of California, Berkeley)
If you intend to partake in person, please register here. Only register if you are sure you are able to be at the Launch, as space is limited – please be aware that the P21 Gallery offers a limited number of seats. If you are unable to register, please use the online streaming, which will be available on: Facebook, YouTube and IHRC.TV.