If your premises are being searched under a search warrant, you have the following rights:
- The right to remain silent
- The right to consult a solicitor of your choice for legal advice and representation
- The right to a copy of the search warrant
- The right to witness the search or have it witnessed by a friend, neighbour or another person
- The right to object to the seizure of certain confidential material, such as legitimate communication between you and your lawyer(s), personal medical records, journalistic material, etc.
If your consent is sought, you have the right to object to the search.