‘End the Siege, End the Occupation, End the Israeli Apartheid…’ if these words are ever going to become a reality we have to stand united for the Palestinian cause. Join IHRC’s annual Al Quds Day Demonstration on Sunday 21st August from Portland Place (assemble near BBC Radio) at 2pm to Trafalgar Square where a rally will take place in support of Palestine, guest speakers including Yvonne Ridley, Lauren Booth, Rabbi Ahron Cohen Spokesman of Neturei Karta, John Rees national Officer of the Stop the War Coalition, Les Levidow from Jews Against Zionism and Massoud Shadjareh Chairman of IHRC.
Stand up for Justice; support Al Quds Day by doing the following:
- Arrange coaches from your locality to the Al Quds Demonstration, IHRC is happy to provide assistance, please contact Zainab Zahra Bhalloo on 020 8904 4222 or send an enquiry to email@example.com for further information.
- Distribute flyers (available from IHRC) in your local mosque and Islamic Centres.
- Make announcements in your local Mosque and Islamic Centre for the Al Quds Day Demonstration, and encourage the Imam to speak about it in the Juma kutba.
- Change your profile picture to the Al Quds Day poster and tweet about the march.
- Promote the video advertisement in your mosque and Islamic Centre and Iftars.
- Contact your local Radio Ramadan for advertising slots and promotion.
- Forward this email to all your friends, family and local community.
Supporting Organisations for the Al Quds Demonstration include:
- Aloha Palestine
- Friends of Al Aqsa
- Friends of Lebanon
- Innovative Minds
- Islamic Centre of England
- Islamic Forum of Europe
- Islamic Students Association
- Jews Against Zionism
- Lebanese Community UK
- London BDS
- Muslim Association of Britain
- Muslim Council Britain
- Neturei Karta UK
- Palestine Legal Aid Fund
- Palestine Return Centre
- Scottish Palestine Solidarity Campaign
- Stop the War Coalition
Please visit the Al Quds Day page for further information.
21st August 2011 (Sunday)
2.00pm – 6.00pm
Portland Place (near BBC Radio just off Duchess Street) from 2pm to Trafalgar Square
Nearest train / tube:
Regents Park (Bakerloo), Great Portland Street (Metropolitan), Euston Square (Metropolitan) & Euston Station (Northern, London Overground and national rail)
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting https://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to email@example.com
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8904 4222
Fax (+44) 20 8904 5183