Half Moon presents a Brolly production
Based on the critically acclaimed novel by Anna Perera
Innocent until proven guilty? Not here you’re not…
Khalid likes football, hip hop, computer games and has a big crush on a girl – like any other teenage boy. Except being a young Muslim in the aftermath of 9/11 can be very dangerous.
Snatched in the middle of the night he is thrown into a nightmare world in which he is presumed guilty. Alone, afraid and far from home, will he have the strength to survive?
Guantanamo Boy asks difficult questions about how we balance human rights and national security – and what happens if we get the balance wrong. This powerful and immersive play takes the audience into the heart of the ‘war on terror’ seen through the eyes of one boy.
Think you can Find Khalid? Play the accompanying Find Khalid interactive game
- Wed 13 Nov – The Hat Factory, Luton
- Thu 14 Nov – The Hat Factory, Luton
- Fri 15 Nov – The Hat Factory, Luton
- Sun 17 Nov – Middle Temple Hall, London EC4Y
- Thu 21 Nov – Mercury Theatre, Colchester
- Fri 22 Nov – Mercury Theatre, Colchester
- Mon 25 Nov – Burnley Youth Theatre
- Tue 26 Nov – Burnley Youth Theatre
- Wed 27 Nov – Burnley Youth Theatre
- Thur 28 Nov – The Drum, Birmingham
- Fri 29 Nov – The Drum, Birmingham
Originally commissioned by Stratford Circus.
Presented with the permission of Puffin Group.
On tour as part of the Half Moon presents portfolio of work