Ages 12 – 15
This is a multi-layered stand alone lesson of 1 hour, including a 20 minute video (see below). Suitable for History, Citizenship, Civics.
• To understand about interpretations of history
• To learn the word historiography
• To understand some of the factors that influence interpretations of history
- PDF – Instructor’s Manual – What is Historiography?
- PPT – Presentation – What is Historiography? (PDF)
Rebecca talks about her visit to Granada in what is now Spain. This trip made her question many of things she thought about the history of that area, in particular the period known as the Reconquest of Spain and the fall of Granada in 1492 to King Ferdinand and Queen Isabella.
Return to the GMD Lesson Plans page.