£14,000 pro rata
We have a great opportunity for a full time or part-time bookshop officer at the IHRC Bookshop & Gallery. The right candidate will need to work in part or full across these hours Monday – Friday 9am-5pm.
You will need to be familiar with the retail environment and be able to communicate well with others with particular attention to customer service. You must be passionate about books, art and culture, especially the use of these forms to promote justice and rights.
The job requires you to be a fast learner and pick up on instruction. You will be working on your own and sometimes left to use your own initiative.
- Have experience working in retail, preferably a bookshop but not necessary.
- Have excellent customer service and communication skills, including promotional skills
- Have good Microsoft Office knowledge
- Be able to manage the IHRC on-line shop administration
- Able to follow instructions and have good time keeping
- Able to work on own initiative
- Be very well organised (this includes managing stock lists, orders etc)
- Be able to manage events in the bookshop and gallery including author evenings and exhibitions
- Have good administrative skills
- Be able to multitask
Additionally you will be expected to ensure that:
The Bookshop and Gallery premises are clean and tidy everyday
That calls for the IHRC are handled promptly and passed through or messages taken
That general administrative task are performed for the organisation in a prompt and diligent manner
Additionally the following skills are highly desirable
- Have event management experience
- Have marketing experience for promotion of bookshop/merchandise/events
- Be competent with Facebook and Twitter
Applicants must be British citizens or have rights to work in the UK.
Please email your completed application form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The deadline is 9 May 2013
You must be available for the following interview date: 18 May 2013 (Saturday).