Look back on what IHRC's Legal and Advocacy departments have accomplished
Our Advocacy team provide support to individuals who have faced discrimination and hate crime. Our work is vital in helping Muslims challenge Islamophobia and anti-Muslim hate crime. Our advocacy team also provide employment / immigration support, write briefings on government policy seeking to influence legislation as well as educating communities through our Know Your Rights project.
- 14 May 2015
The aim of the IHRC Advocacy team is to help people through the complaints process if they are subjected to racial or religious discrimination. This includes identifying the issues, who to complain to, drafting the complaint itself, and representation, where this proves necessary.
Areas of expertise include:
- Media: identifying defamation/libel, complaints to Press Complaints Commission
- Education: discrimination on the basis of race or faith (ie complaints to schools, Local Authorities, Department of Education, Ofsted etc) / Prevent
- Police: Independent Police Complaints Commission
- Charity: Dealing with Charity Commission Investigations / Complaints against Charity Commission
- Complaints about racism and Islamophobia to government bodies (eg against social services findings/disclosure and barring service dislcosures etc)
For more information please speak to a member of our casework team by contacting us at info[at]ihrc.org or 0208 904 4222.
All information is treated in the strictest confidence and no information will be passed on to any third party without your consent.