Forwarded from South Asia Solidarity Group
The protest against Barry Gardiner’s invitation to Modi is still going on as planned on 9 September, 2013
South Asia Solidarity Group said ‘in the face of so much opposition to the invitation to Modi, Barry Gardiner has now released a statement saying that Modi is unable to come in the next few weeks. But we are continuing our campaign demanding that the invitation is officially withdrawn and not repeated. Modi has already tried to make political capital in India from this invitation, and we need to send a clear message that he is not welcome here’
Monday 9 September 2013, 11:30 AM – 1 PM, at Barry Gardiner MP’s surgery, Brent Civic Centre, Engineers Way, Wembley HA9 0FJ
Nearest Tube Station: Wembley Park (see map http://www.brent.gov.uk/your-council/brent-civic-centre/your-visit-to-the-civic-centre/)
More information about the event here
• Narendra Modi is the Chief Minister of Gujarat, the Prime Ministerial candidate of the Hindu supremacist Bharatiya Janta Party (BJP) and an avowed admirer of Hitler and his policies.
• In 2002, Modi presided over the genocidal attacks in which over 2,000 men, women and children from Gujarat’s Muslim minority community were systematically killed.
• This is the man whom Labour MP for Brent North Barry Gardiner has invited to come and address the House of Commons on the subject of ‘The Future of Modern India’.
Organised by South Asia Solidarity Group.
- Council of Indian Muslims
- Foil Vedanta
- Islamic Human Rights Commission
- Southall Black Sisters
- IWA, Birmingham
- South Asian Alliance
- Asian Rationalist Society
- Freedom Without Fear Platform
Visit the original event page here: https://www.facebook.com/events/627193123981006/?notif_t=plan_user_invited
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below
IHRC is an NGO in Special Consultative Status with the Economic and Social Council of the United Nations.
Please help IHRC by visiting https://www.ihrc.org.uk/catalog and making a donation or buying an item from our on-line store.
If you want to subscribe to the IHRC list please send an email to email@example.com
If you want to unsubscribe from the IHRC list please send an email from your subscribed email address to firstname.lastname@example.org
If you are reusing this alert, please cite the source.
For more information, please contact the office on the numbers or email below.
“And what reason have you that you should not fight in the way of Allah and of the weak among the men and the women and the children, (of) those who say: Our Lord! Cause us to go forth from this town, whose people are oppressors, and give us from Thee a guardian and give us from Thee a helper.”
Holy Qur’an: Chapter 4, Verse 75
Join the Struggle for Justice. Join IHRC.
Islamic Human Rights Commission
PO Box 598
Telephone (+44) 20 8904 4222
Fax (+44) 20 8904 5183