The Islamic Human Rights Commission (IHRC) campaigns on issues all over the world; covering a diverse range of issues from crimes against humanity in Nigeria, the genocide of the Rohingya to Hate Crime & Islamophobia, raising these issues on a national and international stage. IHRC is looking for a self-motivated and innovative Campaigns Officer. If you can think outside the box, are in touch with grass root Muslim thought and can see through a campaign from start to finish, then IHRC is the place for you.
We need people that are prepared to stand out from the crowd as IHRC is a Muslim organisation that refuses to follow the status quo and tackles issues that others find difficult or stay away from altogether.
The job is suited to someone that can work in a busy office environment but can also adapt to travel and sometimes attend direct actions and protests. You will have good communications skills and would have experience of working in a team and cultivating relationships with other activists.
Mobilising people is central to campaigning so we require someone that can take this on. You will need to work flexibly and work under pressure seizing opportunities that arise and reacting quick to world events.
- An excellent understanding of campaigning
- A keen interest in current affairs and political developments both here in the UK and worldwide
- To provide logistical support on designated campaigns, including the writing of alerts, press releases, short reports and articles
- Liaising with the general public, press and other organisations. Also experience with engaging with activists through social media
- Promoting the campaigns work of IHRC at various events
- Be a good public speaker and networker
- Be highly organized, as the role will require coordinating between IHRC and external organisations/individuals
- Have experience with working and managing multiple stakeholders
- A track record of planning and delivering projects from start to finish, on your own and with a team
- Able to manage your own work and deliver to deadlines in a high-pressure environment
- Identifying and cultivating key relationships to further campaign aims
- Web/technical experience
- The successful applicant will need to work some unsocial hours to attend meeting and events that are arranged outside of office hours
- An understanding of Islam and the Muslim political landscape nationally and internationally
NB: This job description may be altered from time to time in consultation with the post holder to meet requirements of IHRC’s strategic plan.
Please email your completed application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline is 28th November.