Al Quds Committee issue the following guidance for Al Quds Day 2022:
- The march will start outside the Home Office. If you are using public transport: Please arrive using Westminster station (Jubilee line, Circle line, District line). Walk through Parliament Square onto Abingdon Street. Turn right onto Great Peter Street and then left onto Marsham Street. The Home Office building will be on your left-hand side.
- The march will end at Downing Street. Please leave using Westminster station (Jubilee line, Circle line, District line). Our stewards will direct you toward the station.
- If you feel unwell during the procession, please contact one of the stewards. Our stewards will get you the support you need.
- Be vigilant: If you see any suspicious activity please report it to one of our stewards or to a police officer. You can read our security advice here.
- Flags: participants are welcome to bring flags that show solidarity with the Palestinian cause. Flags displayed to show support for any proscribed (illegal) organisation will not be allowed.
Based on advice from the police and lawyers, please be aware that flying the Hizbullah or Hamas flags could lead to you being arrested as it may be interpreted as support for a proscribed group, as they are both proscribed organisations. Please also note that any public action or statement that is in support of any proscribed organisation can lead to you being arrested.
Flags flown to show support for any proscribed organisation will not be allowed. If we see people waving flags to show their support for any proscribed organisation our stewards will ask for the flags to be taken down and for the individuals to leave the march.
We are always reviewing the law and will keep this advice updated as and when the law changes.
- Journalists: If you are approached by a journalist and are not comfortable talking to them, please direct them to one of the stewards who will put them in touch with a member of our media team.
- Our stewards will be walking alongside the rally, wearing blue or yellow bibs. If you have any questions or need any assistance, please do not hesitate to approach them.
To find more information about Al Quds Day 2022 in London please click here.